This history of Aloia is a work in progress and constantly being updated.
Prehistory (before 1st century)
- ~3000 BC, Sevilii tribes migrate from the Aloian peninsula to modern-day Arveyres. Their migration is in part due to expanding Siouan territory.
- ~2800 BC, Caddoan, Algonquian, Siouan tribes migrate southeastward to occupy most of modern-day Aloia.
- AD 700, catastrophic earthquakes along the Albany fault cause the Baltic Sea to break into the Biscay valley, creating the modern Bay of Biscay. The floods cause mass migration of Germanic tribes into modern Aloia. Most native tribes flee to the north and west, with their lands being captured by the Germanic tribes.
- AD 735, the city of Uppsala is founded.
- AD 746, the city of Minnesota, later Minneapolis, is founded.
- AD 997, King Olof of Minnesota is baptized, beginning Christianization of Aloia.
- AD 1097, Christian monks and merchants establish Saint Petersburg on the feast day of Saint Peter. Odin's Great River is renamed Saint Peter's Channel.
- 1106, Diocese of Halle raised to Archdiocese of Halle, becoming Aloia's first archdiocese.
- 1116, Royal Aloian Navy's earliest predecessor is established: Saint Petersburg's defense fleet.
- 1164, Diocese of Uppsala raised to Archdiocese of Uppsala, becoming spiritual head of the region that would become Aloia.
- 1261, trade guilds meet in Saint Petersburg to form a defensive alliance that would one day become the Baltic League. Merchants from Saint Petersburg, Uppsala, Gothenburg, and Augsburg are the first members of the League.
- 1313, King Erik V of Minnesota acquires the throne of the Duchy of Saxony, becoming Duke of Saxony.
- 1317, King Erik V of Minnesota acquires the throne of the Duchy of Hanover, becoming Duke of Hanover.
- 1342, Queen Victoria III of Minnesota acquires the throne of the Grand Duchy of Svealand, becoming Grand Duchess of Svealand.
- 1390, Queen Victoria IV of Minnesota marries King Alois II of Konza.
- 1406, Queen Victoria IV of Minnesota changes the name of Minnesota city to Minneapolis.
- 1417, Peace of Halle results in a dramatic restructuring of the Baltic League. This event is considered the birth of the Aloian nationstate. The government is seated in Uppsala.
- 1435, St. Paul's Cathedral consecrated in Uppsala.
- 1477, Uppsala University established.
- 1517, Saxon monk Martin Luther publishes his 95 Theses, a criticism of the Catholic Church, beginning the Protestant Reformation.
- 1523, Gustaf II Ansgar ascends to the throne and breaks with the Church of Cadiz, establishing the Baltic Church under the influence of Martin Luther and other reformers.
- 1557, Baltic League cities on the southern shore leave the Baltic League to remain loyal to the Church of Cadiz. The cities together take the name Terra Mariana. This is seen as the very beginning of a sovereign state of Texania.
- 1560, followers of John Calvin break from the Baltic Church, establishing the Presbyterian Church of Aloia.
- 1590, Sigismund of Aloia, a devout Catholic ascends to the throne.
- 1593, Uppsala Synod establishes Lutheranism as the state religion and changes the name of the Baltic League to the Kingdom of Aloia. This event was a result of the Protestant Reformation, and loosely and distantly a result of the Marianan secession crisis.
- 1594, Sigismund is deposed by Lutheran nobles and Sigismund's brother Karl I.
- 1599, Fort Natal established at St. Anne's Straits, modern Natal.
- 1611, Gustavus Adolphus of Aloia ascends to the throne, beginning the Gustavian Golden Age.
- 1616, Natal Republic established by former Aloian merchants, soldiers, and settlers.
- 1623, Gustavus Adolphus begins a conquest of Terra Mariana, seeking to restore the glory of the Baltic League.
- 1631, Gustavus Adolphus captures all the former Baltic League cities. Terra Mariana is divided into two districts, the northern is Terra Mariana still, the southern is Texania.
- 1632, Gustavus Adolphus dies on the battlefield.
- 1635, all of Terra Mariana is under Aloian control.
- 1705, Natal Republic's capital moved from Urbanna to Chicago.
- 1752, Aloia's capital is moved from Uppsala to Minneapolis.
- 1774, King Erik III's royal decree opens western Diamanto to Aloian colonization. Argentina and Aurelia are established as Aloia's colonies.
- 1776, city of San Francisco is established in Patagonia, Argentine.
- 1821, the Argentine Republic gains independence from Aloia.
- 1837, Queen Victoria Augusta of Aloia ascends to the throne, beginning the Victorian Silver Age.
- 1848-1849, Aloian Civil War.
- 1849, capital is moved from Minneapolis to Zumbrota.
- 1868, Cathedral of the Four Evangelists is consecrated in Zumbrota.
- 1871, Natal joins the Kingdom of Aloia.
- 1886, Texania permanently gains independence from Aloia. Mariana votes to remain.